The 27th Annual Multidisciplinary Symposium on Breast Disease provides a multidisciplinary overview of the diagnosis and treatment of all stages of breast cancer. Faculty includes experts in the fields of surgical, medical and radiation oncology, pathology, radiology, surgery and patient advocacy. The target audience includes clinicians, specialists, and scientists involved in the care and treatment of patients with breast cancer, as well as research and education concerning this important disease.
At the conclusion of course, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the different risks associated with variety of Cancer susceptibility genes, and the various management strategies appropriate to those risk estimates.
- Assess the impact of quantitative measures of breast density and MR background parenchymal enhancement on risk assessment
- Introduce breast pathology entities diagnosed by core needle biopsy that require follow up surgical excision.
- Compare breast cancer screening outcomes for screening breast MR versus ultrasound and mammography.
- Explain the role of breast ultrasound in screening, diagnostic evaluation, and guiding procedures.
- Describe the relevant trials and endpoints focusing on management of the axilla in clinically node positive patients who receive neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
- Comprehend the breadth of breast cancer genomic aberrations and their biological implications.
- Explain the various presentations of triple negative breast cancer both morphology and biology.
- Formulate a treatment plan with targeted therapies that address specific tumor genomic lesions.
- Review the basis of immunotherapy activity and the design of pivotal immunotherapy trials in breast cancer.
- Characterize the benefits and side effects of immunotherapy plus chemotherapy on breast cancer in advanced and neoadjuvant settings.
- Reviews and evaluate recent publications on hypofractionated radiotherapy for breast cancer.
- Review the recent advances in breast cancer diagnostics that impact treatment planning.
- Discuss available methods of fertility preservation in breast cancer patients.
- Review safe and effective treatments of menopausal symptoms in breast cancer survivors.